Publications by Dr Vivienne Cass
- Homosexual identity formation: A theoretical model. Journal of Homosexuality, 1979, 4(3), 219 – 234
- The implications of homosexual identity formation for the Kinsey model and scale of sexual preference. Chapter in D. McWhirter, S Sanders & R. Reinisch (Eds), Heterosexuality-Homosexuality: Concepts of Sexual Orientation N.Y.: Oxford Press 1990
- Sexual orientation identity formation: A Western phenomenon, In R. Cabaj & T. Stein (Eds), Textbook of Homosexuality and Mental Health American Psychiatric Press, Washington, 1996
- Bringing psychology in from the cold: Framing psychological theory and research within a constructionist psychology framework. In J. Bohan & G. Russell, Psychology and Sexual Orientation: The Meanings We Make – Conversations about Psychology and Sexual Orientation NY University Press 1999
- Who is influencing whom? The relationship between identity, sexual orientation and indigenous psychology. Gay and lesbian issues and psychology review. 2005, Vol 1(2), 47-52
- Sexual orientation and the place of psychology: side-lined, side-tracked or should that be side-swiped? Gay and lesbian issues and psychology review. 2006, Vol 2(1), 25-37
- Stage allocation measure – Download the PDF.
- Homosexual Identity Formation: The presentation and testing of socio-cognitive theory – Download the PDF.
- Forthcoming publication (estimated date of release 4th October 2015) A Quick Guide to the Cass Theory of Lesbian & Gay Identity Formation. Ebook Edition. Ph.D. Brightfire Press. 2015.
For the full publication list please see Dr Cass’ full CV.