- The book The Elusive Orgasm published March 2004, is the second book on sexuality by author, clinical psychologist and sexologist Dr Vivienne Cass, in addition to several academic papers and book chapters.
- Dr Cass is a Clinical Psychologist and psychotherapist with over 30 years experience. She worked in private practice for more than 30 years, before retiring. She is now teaching and acting as consultant to other health professionals
- Dr Cass is a specialist in human sexuality and has worked in the areas of sexual dysfunction, sexual offences, sexual abuse, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Dr Cass was professionally involved in the area of AIDS from 1984-1990, setting up the first psychological services for HIV-infected people within the Western Australian Health Department and holding membership on several federal and state government committees.
- Dr Cass has previously published a book ‘There’s More to Sex than AIDS: The A to Z Guide to Safe Sex’ in 1988. Several book chapters and published papers in peer-reviewed journals focus on the area of sexual orientation and identity. Dr Cass is the author of the Cass Theory of Gay and Lesbian Identity Formation. This theory has also been adapted to other minority identities.
- Dr Cass has nearly 30 years experience with the media, giving frequent radio, TV, newspaper and magazine interviews since the 1970s, including co-hosting a radio talkback program for two years. She is a media contact for the Australian Psychological Society and has a reputation for being able to speak in a language readily understood by the general public.
- Dr Cass has lectured on Sexual Therapy to psychology students (Master and Bachelors) since 1978 at all universities in WA. She previously held tutoring positions at University of WA and Murdoch University.
- Dr Cass attends international and national conferences and is often invited as a presenter.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Murdoch University, 1986)
- Master of Psychology (University of Western Australia, 1975)
- Bachelor of Psychology (University of Western Australia, 1973)
- Teachers Certificate, Diploma of School Music (Edith Cowan University, 1969)
- International Academy of Sex Research
- Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (USA)
- New York Academy of Science (USA)
- International Society for the Scientific Study of Women’s Sexual Health
- The Women’s Sexual Health Foundation
- Editorial Board, Journal of Homosexuality
- Australian Society of Authors (AUS)
- Australian Psychological Society (AUS)
- Fellow of Clinical Psychology Institute (AUS)
- West Australian Sexology Society (AUS)
- Australian Society of Sex Educators, Researchers and Therapists (AUS)
- Registered Psychologist, Western Australia
Dr Vivienne Cass – complete CV
Back to Online Shop | Back to Media Kit